In the second quarter of 2017, we awarded another 7 grants, adding up to a total of € 34,000.
Our funding helps to:
- start the redevelopment of Russian LGBT Network’s website, in order to increase security and their support capacity towards their partners, including those in Chechnya;
- increase cohesion of the local LGBTI community through sports events in Belize;
- train 10 LGBTIs to become community-focused activists in Slovakia;
- set up LGBT youth observatories on human rights violations in Eastern Africa;
- provide information on intersex (condition) in Serbia, as well as educate the local Roma population on LGBT issues;
- create a better environment for LGBTI refugees in South Africa.