Emergency Funding 2021 PlanetRomeo Foundation
2020 was a crisis year and 2021 will hopefully be the year the world beats COVID-19. Meanwhile, the international LGBTI community bore and still bears the brunt of failing inclusionary policies or overall lack thereof from general humanitarian support. Large LGBTI funders thus rapidly shifted their already limited funding resources in response to rising general humanitarian and community-specific needs.
PlanetRomeo Foundation recognizes these challenges and acts on the opportunity to radically shift its 2021 project funding towards LGBTI COVID-19 relief by launching its PlanetRomeo Foundation Emergency Fund. We always fill gaps in LGBTI funding and incorporate our identity values as a flexible, accessible, grassroots, and now dynamic funder by responding to (global) crisis situations.
PlanetRomeo Foundation strives for a balance between accessibility, quality, and maintaining a good standard in project accountability. Criteria that will be taken into account in the assessment process are:
- quality of the project proposal;
- how realistic the approach is;
- foreseen impact;
- the degree to which the proposal is complementary to existing services and/or activities.
PlanetRomeo Foundation’s Emergency Fund provides funding up to € 2,000 to LGBTI projects and initiatives providing COVID-19 relief to the LGBTI community during the pandemic.
What projects/activities are eligible for funding?
- Projects which align with PlanetRomeo Foundation’s funding policy.
- LGBTI groups or organizations with little or no access to other sources of funding
- Although all geographical regions are eligible, the Foundation gives priority to countries outside the Global North. Within a country, all geographical areas are eligible, but where we can, we give priority to rural and/or more remote areas.
- The following activities are eligible for funding:
- Life essentials: food, drinking water, and distribution
- Sanitary and protective equipment
- Housing: shelters and rent support
- Bolstering resilience: small but urgent organizational hazards that directly threatens essential work of LGBTI community organizations
What projects do not qualify?
- Non-COVID-19 relief focused applications
- Non-LGBTI led and/or focused organizations and initiatives
How to make a funding request
Funding requests can be submitted via our (online) Emergency Funding Request Form. You can only reach us by telephone/WhatsApp in case of a bad internet connection or low bandwidth or any other trouble in accessing the online request form.
If you have submitted an application or request, please do not contact us. We will inform you about the outcome of your funding request afterwards.
How should I justify my project?
Reporting is always a requirement with our grants, as well as with our Emergency Grants. You will receive more information about this if your request will be funded.
Application in progress?
Here is what you want to know: our emergency fund aims to process requests within 1 week, and transfer the grant within the third week latest, including formalities. This requires a rapid response from our side, as well as from the applicant. If you have submitted an application or request, please do not contact us. We will inform you about the outcome of your funding request afterward.
We are happy to see our current funding program is on point and necessary. We received so many applications in a short period, that we feel forced to temporarily close the portal and focus on processing all your applications before we can continue to provide you the service and attention you expect from us. We will be back!