- What is the eligibility to apply for funding with you?
We fund new, emerging LGBTI -led, -focused and -driven projects/groups. This means that LGBTI people are the main beneficiaries and their well-being the main objective of the project.
Also, LGBTI people must be involved in the development, design and delivery/implementation of the project.
- What projects do not qualify?
- Projects where health or political/religious aims are primary objectives.
- Projects which seek to cover overhead or fundraising costs as a primary objective.
- Projects where financial profit is a goal or projects aimed solely at promoting an organization or event.
- Projects which seek to provide travel and accommodation or outreach costs for participation in (inter)national sports tournaments.
- Projects aimed at supporting art or individual artists.
- Applications from individuals for travel and/or study costs.
- Projects aimed mostly at advocacy activities.
- What if our organization is not a registered group?
This is not a problem. But please read about fiscal sponsor (fiscal host) below under Requirements, to understand what it could mean for you.
- Can we use a personal bank account to receive funds from you?
- What countries do not qualify?
All countries except Western European countries, USA, Australia, New Zealand and Canada. We put emphasis on projects in countries where LGBTI rights are highly infringed. However, we do when necessary, consider highly discriminated minority ethnic group LGBT in all and any country.
- What do you look for in an application?
The quality [of the project], relevance, foreseen impact, realistic approach and complementing to existing local services and/or activities.
- How do we apply?
Applications are temporary closed, please keep checking here for new dates.
- We have applied before, can we apply again?
Yes, you may apply again. But, we advise you not to send back your previous application form.
- We received funding from you before, can we apply again?
No. We only fund projects/organizations once.
- What if my country does not allow foreign funding/donations?
In that case, there is nothing we can do. But we are happy to work with you to find alternative legal and legitimate ways to provide funding where possible.
- When is the best time to apply?
It is important that you note of the deadlines for the application Round. Then ensure that your project is not starting within this time and/or 7 weeks of the submission deadline.
- What is a fiscal sponsor?
A registered not-for-profit organization/group that can receive the fund on your behalf if your organization does not have a bank account in its name.
- If we use a fiscal sponsor, how does that affect our grant?
This does not have any impact on your funds from our side. But we strongly suggest that you have a clear understanding and agreement with your chosen fiscal sponsor.
- How does fiscal sponsorship work?
Your fiscal sponsor receives the grant on your behalf and disburse it to you. You agree with them how this should work. PlanetRomeo Foundation will not be involved in this.
Also, please bear in mind that in some countries, there might be laws about fiscal sponsorship/proxy. It’d help if you are clear about this before applying so we can work together on what is possible.
- How do we make a funding request?
Please read our funding policy and themes, then visit the Apply for funding page to download the request form. This is the only way to apply. We will reply you within 10 working days to let you know if you have made it to the next stage.
- What are your deadlines?
Applications is now temporarily closed. Please keep checking our website for the next announcement.
- When can we expect a response?
We respond within 10 working days of submitting the Request form and 7 weeks after the deadline if you had been invited to complete an application form.
- How do we know if have been granted?
We will contact you at least 2 weeks after the decision meeting. See below for the stages and timing.
- What are the stages for application?
The first stage is you submit the Request form. If selected we invite you to…
2nd stage: …complete the Application form and Budget template and return to us before the submission deadline.
3rd stage: Assessment of the application forms – within 6 weeks of submission deadline.
4th stage: We inform you of the outcome of the assessment – 7 weeks after end of submission.