- When can we make a request?
Requests are currently closed. Please keep visiting the Apply for funding page for new announcement, we will open again shortly for requests.
- We have made a request and did not receive an answer?
If you made a request in the past and did not hear anything or your request was rejected. All requests that have madebeen till early 2022 made have now been archived and will not opened again. You are welcome to apply again in the next round if your project meets the criteria.
- We have been sent application forms earlier, can we send these back?
No, all earlier requests have been handled and archived. Future request you will have to use to new application system Optimy of the Foundation.
- We have old application forms, can we complete these and return them to you?
The Foundation has put in place a new system called Optimy which will be used from now on. The system should make it easier for you to see the progress on your application and easier for the Foundation to compare and honor applications.
- We have been given application forms by another group/project/organisation who received it from you. Can we complete and send these back to you?
No. To apply, we must see the brief outline of your proposed project through the steps detailed above. You have to do so in the implemented Optimy system of the Foundation. This is so that we are fair and use the same approach for all applicants.
- How do we make a funding request?
Please read our funding policy and themes, then visit the Apply for funding page to download the request form when applications open. This is the only way to apply.
- What are your deadlines?
Applications is now closed. Please keep checking our website for future dates.
- What are the stages for application?
You can enter your application in the Optimy system of the Foundation. By creating your application you will also be able to follow the progress of your application in the system. Therefore you will not need to contact or write to ask what the progress is. You can follow it yourself in the Optimy system.
- What is the eligibility to apply for funding with you?
We fund new, emerging LGBTI -led, -focused and -driven projects/groups. This means that LGBTI people are the main beneficiaries and their well-being the main objective of the project.
Also, LGBTI people must be involved in the development, design and delivery/implementation of the project.
- What projects do not qualify?
- Projects where health or political/religious aims are primary objectives.
- Projects which seek to cover overhead or fundraising costs as a primary objective.
- Projects where financial profit is a goal or projects aimed solely at promoting an organization or event.
- Projects which seek to provide travel and accommodation or outreach costs for participation in (inter)national sports tournaments.
- Projects aimed at supporting art or individual artists.
- Applications from individuals for travel and/or study costs.
- Projects aimed mostly at advocacy activities.
- What if our organization is not a registered group?
This is not a problem. But please read about fiscal sponsor (fiscal host) below under Requirements, to understand what it could mean for you.
- Can we use a personal bank account to receive funds from you?
- What countries do not qualify?
All countries except Western European countries, USA, Australia, New Zealand and Canada. We put emphasis on projects in countries where LGBTI rights are highly infringed. However, we do when necessary, consider highly discriminated minority ethnic group LGBT in all and any country.
- What do you look for in an application?
The quality [of the project], relevance, foreseen impact, realistic approach and complementing to existing local services and/or activities.
- How do we apply?
Applications are temporary closed, please keep checking here for new dates.
- We have applied before, can we apply again?
Yes, you may apply again. But, please do so in the new Optimy system of the Foundation.
- We received funding from you before, can we apply again?
No. We only fund projects/organizations once.
- What if my country does not allow foreign funding/donations?
In that case, there is nothing we can do. But we are happy to work with you to find alternative legal and legitimate ways to provide funding where possible.
- When is the best time to apply?
It is important that you note of the deadlines for the application Round. Then ensure that your project is not starting within this time and/or 7 weeks of the submission deadline.
- What is a fiscal sponsor?
A registered not-for-profit organization/group that can receive the fund on your behalf if your organization does not have a bank account in its name.
- If we use a fiscal sponsor, how does that affect our grant?
This does not have any impact on your funds from our side. But we strongly suggest that you have a clear understanding and agreement with your chosen fiscal sponsor.
- How does fiscal sponsorship work?
Your fiscal sponsor receives the grant on your behalf and disburse it to you. You agree with them how this should work. PlanetRomeo Foundation will not be involved in this.
Also, please bear in mind that in some countries, there might be laws about fiscal sponsorship/proxy. It’d help if you are clear about this before applying so we can work together on what is possible.