Queer League Armenia is a new initiative, established by a group of LGBTQ+ activists in Armenia. They focus on empowering LGBTQ+ individuals through sports and promoting a healthy lifestyle.
With Queering the Pitch, Queer League Armenia aimed to increase LBQ-women’s visibility and empower them by organizing sports activities. They not only connected with LBQ women living in Yerevan, but also reached out to LBQ women who live in the regional areas surrounding the capital.
Our funding enabled them to organize 3 to 5 sports activities per month, like football, basketball, volleyball, and cycling. Also, they organized workshops on topics such as gender & sexuality, health care and lifestyle, first aid workshops, sports in the queer spectrum, and much more.
Queer League Armenia made these activities result in the formation of an LBQ women’s football team. They introduced this team during a big event for the local LGBTQ+ community.
- 80 participants benefited from 25 organized events;
- Held a three-night Queer Camp on Integrated Security for 18 participants;
- Besides reaching out to LBQ* women, Queer League Armenia included trans* men living in Armenia as well;
- Organized queer talks and discussions after sports events;
- A more engaged, active, and organized LBQ* and trans* men community.