TransParent has the goal to bring parents of transgender/intersex children together in order to educate and empower them.
TransParent has set up the so-called Parents Initiative to offer them support, and educational programs to strengthen them. With PlanetRomeo Foundation funding, TransParent organized bi-monthly meetings. During these meetings, psychosocial support by an educated psychologist was available. If needed, services of a social worker or lawyer were available as well.
Additionally, they launched their website.
- Bi-monthly meetings providing psychosocial support, online and offline were held.
- TransParent participated in a panel called “My Life in Transspace”, presenting the story about having a trans* child from the parents’ perspective.
- They also joined a protest demonstration against the right-wing influenced educational curriculum, which does not include anti-discriminatory policies and education.
- Participated in a Zagreb Pride panel called “Mammy”. Two days later, Zagreb Pride took place and for most participants this was their first event, showing their pride about their children.
- Increased coherence of regional networks with other organizations was established.
- TransParent joined the ILGA conference “Power to the People” in Cyprus.
- Multiple professional lectures with international keynote speakers, aimed at trans* and intersex issues, as well as gender identity were organized.
- At various institutions participants advocated and lobbied for human rights of trans* persons.
- A website was established.
- Other activities organized by partner organizations were attended by TransParent.