Pakasipiti Zimbabwe facilitates female soccer practices amongst young LBTs. With PlanetRomeo Foundation’s support recruited new female soccer players from different areas and invited them for weekly training sessions where they could develop their skills in a safe environment.
The sports activities were the gateway to more educational activities like training on human rights, sexuality and LGBT advocacy. Pakasipiti Zimbabwe also organized several soccer tournaments.
Pakasipiti carried out the following activities:
- a safe space for the LBT community was created;
- LBT soccer tournaments took place in Harare and Bulawayo;
- workshops and trainings on the topics of safety, security and understanding sexuality were organized;
- a focus group discussion was hosted on gender verification testing in sport and real life experiences from players who participated in professional tournaments were collected;
- a soccer game and IDAHOT celebrations were organized, in cooperation with other organizations;
- they coordinated Sunday social games, comprising three teams: the Unicorns, the Amigos and the Legends, together with former players and teams already playing in the women’s premier league;
- social media engagement was generated.